Friday 17 May 2013

FO Friday- Squeezy box socks

I am still lacking photos of finished knitting projects, so today I am sharing something I can take a quick snap of. Will try to do some pictures this weekend.
 
In the mean time, I have been knitting socks. 
 

Yarn: Regia 4 ply
Pattern: Circle socks by Anne Campbell
Needles: 2.5mm dpns
Mods: Worked over 56 sts, garter stitch short row heel

I had this pattern in my Ravelry favourites for ages. When I found the pattern I didn't read the details and assumed it involved colourwork. It actually is an illusion created by the self striping yarn (more effective on the original sample).
 
The pattern is simple, easy to work and easy to remember. I am really enjoying combining self patterning yarn with plain knit socks- the leg section made the knitting more interesting, the foot just flew off the needles. 
 
This sock is similar to the V junkie socks by Alice Yu, although I think this pattern actually came first.
 
Why squeezy box socks? Because before they were blocked the leg was all squashed together, looking like an accordion or squeeze box. Definitely one improved by blocking!

2 comments:

  1. It does look like a weird accordion. It also makes me think of Swiss cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've looked at this pattern before - it's nice to see it knit up. Self-patterning yarn is pretty fun!

    ReplyDelete