Friday 31 May 2013

FO Friday- Reminiscing square

Another barn raising square, it has been a stockinette type of a week.
 
 
This yarn was the first proper sock yarn I ever bought, about five years ago. Possibly even the first "proper" yarn after the pound shop acrylic I learnt to knit with. It came from ebay and was some random Opal 4 ply. I don't think it ever had a label.
 
The self patterning works so well with this pattern. I am really looking forward to seeing how this blanket comes out (might be a few years).
 
I still have the socks I made too (there are two of them I promise!). These were my first 4 ply socks.
 
 
They are wearing very well and have coped with going through the wash many times. They are a little short in the foot, it was before I learnt how long I like my socks to be.
 
Just a few tiny scraps of this yarn left now. It will get finished up in my mitred sock yarn blanket.

2 comments:

  1. That's the fun thing about scrap yarn projects, isn't it? .. remembering the original project for which the yarn was purchased. The barn raising square does look really nice is self-patterning yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its interesting to see all the colourful squares you are going to end up with in your blanket :)

    ReplyDelete