Sunday 28 April 2013

4KCBWDAY7- Looking forward

4kcbwday7- Looking Forward One year from now, when the 5th Knitting & Crochet Blog Week rolls around, where do you hope your crafting will have taken you to? What new skills, projects and experiences do you hope you might have conquered or tried?
 
I have lots of plans, so this is a good topic today. Hopefully next year I can look back at this post and see how many of the things I have achieved (that is the first plan I guess).
 
I would like to do more. More of everything, but in particular spinning. I would like to spin and knit a sweater. I know I can do this, I almost have (come back next Friday and you might see proof), but I would like to do it a little faster.
 
I want to steek a cardigan. I have not picked a pattern, or any yarn yet.  
 
I should probably swatch more, although I suspect I will not. Maybe I will learn to swatch for designs.


Which leads me to the next looking forward, I want to get more designs written up. My head and needles are full of designs that I want to publish. I would like to do a mixture of self-published (easier) and in print published (much, much harder). Need to work on the print published thing.
 

The notebook above is meant to illustrate designing, but it also supports the next one- to take better photos. I have improved somewhat over the last year, but would like to get better. Learning to use a tripod and timer function would be good, then I can take action shots of my finished projects, even when there is no one else around to wield the camera.

Final planned thing- I would like to blog more. I have kept up with FO Friday each week, but often that is the only post I do. I would like to aim to do one other post each week.

Lots to do, I love making plans, although procrastination and indecisiveness often alter them :D.

2 comments:

  1. You have lots of plans, and they all sound really doable.....and there are plans that I could relate to as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with it all, especially the designing thing :)

    ReplyDelete