Friday 16 November 2012

FO Friday- Spider socks

I am pretty bad at finishing stuff. The last little bits that need to be done to reach the tada moment. Mostly I guess I get distracted by the shiny new project that is waiting in the wings.
 
This means that I realise that Friday has come round and I need to do those little bits to have a FO to share. Today I had two ends to sew in. These socks have been sat waiting for those ends for a couple of weeks- madness!
 
Leaving it to the last minute makes taking a photo tricky. There is a distinct lack of natural light for the pictures. This one is just to prove there are actually two socks.


In fact, they both look like this.


A better picture, taken outside where there was light but I only had one sock.

Pattern: Eight legs, two socks by Fiona Hamilton-MacLaren
Yarn: Regia silk
Needles: 2.5mm dpns

Stitch pattern close up:

 
This might be my favourite sock yarn. It is so soft and smooth. The silk gives a beautiful sheen to the yarn. I have not tried machine washing anything made from it yet, if that works it might be the perfect sock yarn!
 
I am going to make an effort with some finishing this week. I have some blocking, sleeves and some frogging to do at least.


2 comments: