Monday 11 June 2012

Designer notes- Dates

Not the fun sort, with pizza and a movie.

When you see a design call and have a few ideas, make a note of the date the submissions have to be in by.

Don't assume you have remembered it correctly and still have two weeks to make submissions (not that I would do that "ahem").

Having ideas, maybe even swatches and sketches that are no good because you missed the deadline is somewhat annoying.

If you do miss a date there is a good chance the ideas can be submitted elsewhere, so don't stress over it- definite learning experience this one!

2 comments:

  1. .O.

    Sorry about that. But as you say, another door opens when that one shuts. Good luck getting your submission in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's terrible. I just submitted my first design for a book so I made sure to post the deadline EVERYWHERE. I hope I hear back soon!

    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you as well.

    ReplyDelete