This week is a scrap buster. I found a pattern that said it needed the 50m or so of yarn that I had left using the Ravelry search.
Pattern: Sweet mini elephant by Lion Brand Yarn
Yarn: Lion Woolease in burgundy
Followed the pattern for the body up to the making up. I used the yarn tails for the sewing up and worked from the head towards the back legs. picked up three stitches and worked a short length of i cord for the tail.
For the ears I finished after the second decrease, cast off and sewed them to the head using the cast off edge and the yarn tail.
The fabric could be a little more dense, in the photo you can see the stuffing because of the camera flash. I don't think there is any risk of it escaping though.
The bottom part of the trunk looks oddly wide when you make it, it does sew up ok, not quite sure how this happened.
As always with knitted toys it took less yarn and far more time than I thought it would. I need to find some patterns that use up a decent amount of yarn and don't have a lot of fiddly ends to sew in.