Tuesday 25 October 2011

One a day

Another week in which I did not do so well with my one a day, I think I made three squares, but only have pictures of two, so must have forgotten to photograph the third.

This yarn is a self patterning Regia, I used it to make Rick by Cookie a for my R socks in the A-Z challenge.

This is Wendy Happy from a sock I frogged last week. For some reason I made the sock and just finished it off when I ran out of yarn, leaving me with a sock that was about two inches too short. I finally frogged it and have put the yarn into my blanket box. I think the colourway is Pisces (it could be aquarius).


I sorted out my sock yarn blanket supplies this week. They had been living in a freezer bag, but I have moved them into a cardboard box, they are vaguely arranged in a rainbow. Large photo to show off the lovely colours!


I have decided I want to try and settle on the width of the blanket by the end of the year, so I will do at least one loose edge square and a connecting square each week. I am aiming for the width of a double bed, if I run out of yarn/knitting mojo I can just level it off and rotate it so the width becomes the length and it will fit a single bed.

12 comments:

  1. love your colour co-ordination. hope the mojo lasts as long as the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at all that beautiful yarn, love it . double bed size. wow can't wait to see it finished

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so much yarn, I love the blue.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely yarn, beautiful blanket. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely sorted yarn! I said the same thing when I started my sock yarn blanket (mine's vaguely queen size ish), but 3 years later I'm still knitting on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that's a good idea to have the width established! I love the colors though and hope that the mojo keeps going to I can see it alll finished! =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the whole blanket together. Look at all those lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally want to dive into all that sock yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep on it! How d'you go about choosing what next? Is it very random? Your sock yarns look fab all put together! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how colourful that last picture is, I just wanna rummage around in it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowee! You have a lot of sock yarn, I understand why you're doing a destash now :-)

    ReplyDelete