The Hemlock ring blanket has grown, I am well into the feather and fan section now but have got to the point that it gets a bit boring. It is ideal TV knitting though and I am trying to do at least one round each day.
Because of all my yarn winding to find a decent length for the blanket I ended up with quite a few balls of various sizes.
The ball band does not have any information on yardage so I measured out 20m (the remeasured and found it was only 19m), weighed it and divided the weight by the length. This gave the weight i g per meter.
I could then look through my patterns and find how many metres each needs and work out which ball fitted best. I have sorted out yarn balls for the socks, hat, crown and owl.
I am not totally confident of my maths (although it seems simple enough) as it has the cardigan needing about 900g of yarn, compared to the 550g listed in the pattern. This could be simply because of the different fibre or a more tightly wound yarn. I am going to make one of the other patterns and see if the ball has the correct amount before I start dyeing for the cardigan.