I am going to start today's post by apologising for the lousy pictures, just like the real Nessie she is suprisingly hard to photograph!
Yarn: Green Yarn Yard Croft held double, overdyed purple Arucania Ranco
Needles: 2.25mm dpns (although it is actually knit flat with short row shaping.
The belly was a nightmare, you are meant to pick up stitches from tail to chin and work it across, after trying four times I managed it, but when I came to graft it together it made the neck twist, and not just a little bit, right round Exorcist style! So I ripped it out and made a separate belly section, details of what I did are on my Ravelry project page.
I also made a mistake on the fins but it turned out ok so I repeated the mistake on all of them plus made the back fins smaller. Those details are on my project page too.
This was meant to be a scrap down, it did use up some sock yarn leftovers but it was definitely not a quick project, I am pleased with how she came out though so she is now standing guard over my fish tank.