More socks! By the end of the year I will have enough socks to clothe the feet of a centipede.
Today it is the turn of the J socks from the A-Z challenge.
Pattern: Jaywalkers by Grumperina
Yarn: Same difference in Menace by the Knitting Goddess
Needles: 2.25mm dpns
This is one of the famous patterns on Ravelry that everyone seems to have tried, 8379 projects in fact. It has been on my to do list for a while, and I even printed the pattern out months ago but was put off by all the talk of checking gauge and taking measurements so I filed it away until I got to the letter J. Since I do really like the funky pattern I thought I should give it a go, I took gauge off the base of a sock knit in a similar yarn on the needles I intended to use, which is cheating and lazy but there is no such thing as the knitting police so ner! (and yes, I do realise it would serve me right if they don't fit).
The self striping worked really well on the leg, and gave a crazy pattern on the foot, on the whole I am quite pleased with them, although I haven't tried them on to double check the fit yet, I think I am a little scared to.
The yarn is a nice smooth merino. It is a discontinued line that I got in a swap at Christmas, I am not sure about the whole fraternal sock thing, I generally try to make my socks match so this is quite a step in the opposite direction. The dyeing on the back with red sock is not wonderful, there are a few patchy bits and some fat lumps, but generally it is nice yarn (and for all I know was picked up as a second). I would check out the Knitting Goddess yarns in the future, it is definitely not enough to put me off (also, I have looked at them before and the colours are so very pretty).
I have been busily bashing WIPs this week, so plenty of ammo for a few FO Fridays and scrap downs.