Saturday 30 April 2011

Yarn diet free pass 4

I have been going well with the whole not buying yarn thing, and I think I might keep it up even after it is meant to finish at the end of May. I would like to use up most of what I have stashed- I live in fear of moths!


I made my yarn purchase for April this week, and it already has a destiny- three navy blue and three brown will be Christmas socks for my Dad, multi coloured will be Christmas socks for my Mum and the green is already on the needles as part of my I sock.



It looks like I have a serious Regia fetish!

Not really the case although I have to admit I have been keeping track of all the sock yarns I buy and so far Regia and Knitpicks Stroll are coming out tops (yes, I used a spreadsheet and yes I am a super nerd!).

The criteria are machine washable, hard wearing, good colour choice and not too expensive. A nice soft feel with low tickle is also important. For the Christmas socks Regia is really the only choice as it needed to be 6 ply for thicker socks, hence a big order.

I am not sure when I will get going on these, it would be good to have them done well before December so maybe I will alternate between them and the alphabet socks.


No comments:

Post a Comment