Friday 11 March 2011

FO Friday- E socks

These having been waiting a while to be blogged, the socks from my marathon finally get their turn on FO Friday.
s
s
Pattern: Escalator socks by Sara Amoroso
Yarn: Knitpicks stroll in Gypsy
Needles: 2.25 Kollage dpns
s
I did this pretty much as on the pattern apart from changing the lengths of each section to suit myself. Changed the decreases on the toes a little as I needed them longer, this has made them a bit pointy but they are ok on.
s
Close up of stitch pattern:
s
s
I love this pattern, it comes out looking fantastic and is easy to work. Although I did manage to finish them in the weekend it was maybe a bit ambitious- a plain pair might have been a better choice for that.
s
I also love the yarn (lots of love to day), it is gorgeously smooth and so very red- yum! I will be finding ways and reasons to get my hands on this stuff again if it wears well.
s
Obviously the subtitle for these is Marathon socks, I am going to measure up for my F socks now, that's right- I said measure! 8-O

7 comments:

  1. Those socks are sassy! I love the pattern and the color. Caught your comment on my blog...maybe we would think a future swap.

    Thank you for sharing and have a great Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have looked at that pattern on ravelry quite a few times. Your version is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this pattern. I hadn't seen it before, I may have to put it in my "to do" list as socks are becoming one of my favourite projects again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great when a project is just filled with love -- love the yarn, love the stitch pattern, love the outcome? they are beautiful socks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely socks! That's a cool stitch pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the close up of the stitch pattern! Not sure I've seen one like it before. Great job on them and I love the color of the yarn. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that stitch pattern. Your close up picture came out so well, and I can really see how gorgeous it is!

    ReplyDelete