Monday 14 March 2011

Yarn diet free pass 3

This is my yarn purchase for March, although technically I actually bought it at the end of February.
s
We went out for lunch at a pub with a wood fired pizza oven as a treat (I love pizza, and this was REALLY good pizza). On the way over I spotted a shop with a sign saying "Yarn studio" in one of the little villages. Of course, that meant I had to go in and have a look around on the way home once nicely stuffed with pizza (review coming later in the week).
s
After much umming and ahhing over the yarn based loveliness this beautiful temptation took my fancy (and my money):
s
s
It is Collinette Jitterbug in the Salty sea dog colourway and it is just gorgeous. The photo does not do it justice, it is rather more turquoise.
s
s
Now I have to decide what to make; jitterbug is a thick sock yarn, which means there is only just enough for a pair in a skein. I may have to venture into the world of the toe up sock so I can use every last scrap.
s
On a yarn dieters note I managed to say no to a yarn shop yesterday- it was a very similar situation of spotting a sign as we drove past, but as we were heading home after a long weekend on scout camp I turned down the offer to go back and investigate.



No comments:

Post a Comment