Saturday 31 July 2010

Year of the sock, July- Show socks

This is the only time I am letting myself repeat a patterned stitch sock as I have a lot of them in my favourites and will never get them done if I keep repeating patterns.
s
For my knitted garment show entry I wanted a pattern I knew came out will so I did the 9 to 5 sock pattern again using some handpainted yarn (calling the colourway currants at the minute). I switched down to a 2.25mm needle and added an extra two pattern repeats. They were well recieved- the comments card said "perfection" (that's all the self trumpeting I promise).
s
Unfortunately the dark yarn is not the easiest to photograph, but here they are:
s
s
A close up of the pattern stitch, shows the colourway better.
s
s
On the feets:
s



s
The first pair I made to this pattern are my absolute favourite socks, so hopefully I will get a lot of wear out of these too.

No comments:

Post a Comment