Friday 30 July 2010

FO Friday- Squares and show entries

FO for this week was dip dyeing some DK yarn in a raspberry colourway and using it to make two 8 inch squares.
s
The first is a simple mitred square:
s
s
The second used the Pie crust pattern by Sarah Bradberry, Rav link here.
s
s
I had some village show entries that I can't count as 52 in52 projects under my own rules because they did not really take long enough to make, so I am putting their pictures in here.

s
First up origami crane earrings following the directions on this site.

s
s
They are teeny and pretty fiddly to make, but worth it.
s
There was also a greetings card category, I made two as I couldn't decide which one to go for.
s
I took a family vote, they opted for entering this one, which turned out to be a good choice
s
s
I do quite like this one for its artsiness though. The crochet flowers are from the pattern for A maiden's glory headdress, on Rav here.
s
s
And finally the sock yarn blanket square, hand dyed yarn.
s


2 comments:

  1. Those mitered squares are so beautiful yet look so hard. I am enjoying watching your patchwork quilt come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are easy, I am following the pattern at http://www.shellykang.com/all-about-the-blankie. If you can do a knit stitch and a slip stitch that's all there is to it. And it can be done with any weight yarn and any size square, no sewing up either (although the ends do need sewing in!)

    ReplyDelete