Sunday 11 July 2010

If there's fibre I will find it!

Ok, so it was not exactly hidden, it was sitting in a tent waiting to be bought.
s
We went to another show today, the Asby de la Zouch agricultural show. Lots of different animals to see this time- sheep, cattle, alpacas, horses, rabbits, ferrets, dogs as well as lots of other things to look at like dancing diggers, craft and food tents, show jumping and trade stands.
Sheep, of course:
s
s
Alpaca with attitude: "You looking at me?!"
s
s
Is it normal to look at anything fluffy and think "I wonder if I could spin that"?
s

s
I got excited when I rounded the corner in one of the craft tents and saw a line up of spinners with wheels, a big display of handspun yarn and knitted items. No fibre though (sob!). The second time round I had a nice chat with a couple of them, they let me pet some silk roving, gave me the name of a rovings suppliers and told me that I should go to Woolfest in Cumbria next year (I think all spinners are enablers!).
s
Fortunately there was another small stall selling some roving and yarn. Most of the fibre was unlabelled so I opted for a 50g bunch of Cheviot x Border Leicester. The label says it is by Moro Rovings.
s
s
Finally a stroll over to the WI craft competition, I eyed up the hand knit socks and was very interesting to read the comment cards, think the competitions are not open to non members though.
s

No comments:

Post a Comment