Friday 9 July 2010

FOs- Mousey and square

This week's FO is actually the one for last week and vice versa. I posted them that way round as this little chap was a suprise for my swap partner and her cat in the £5 swap for June. Didn't want to spoil the suprise by blogging a picture before the parcel got to her in the post.
s
This mousey is based on the one in the Stitch and Bitch Nation book, but I converted it to be knit in the round and made the body and tail in one piece. Was going to stuff him with wool scraps but did not want to encourage the cat to develop a taste for wool so went with toy stuffing.
s
s
He is a bit small to be a project all by himself but I am going to let him (after all they are my rules so I guess I can break them :D).
s
And of course the obligatory sock yarn blanket square, a nice bright red this week left over from my fire socks.
s




2 comments:

  1. Hello! I found you via Natural Suburbia and I was SO excited when I read the title of your blog! I'm a knitting fiend and I love "meeting" other knitters in the blogworld.

    Your wee mouse is adorable - any chance you'll share your revised pattern? (please, please, please?) :)

    Warmly,
    Mari-Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will try to write one up for next week :)

    ReplyDelete