Friday 11 October 2013

FO Friday- Handspun BFL/nylon yarn

This is a bit of a last minute post, I forgot to take photos, so they are done with a flash and the colour is not perfect, but close.
 
The singles for this yarn were spun at the five day show I attended over the summer. There was about 70g of fibre left over from dyeing fibre for sale so I thought I would give it a try, it is a Bluefaced Leicester/nylon blend I had made up, intended for spinning socks.
 
I had intended to use the handy plying method to make a two ply for socks. I used a book and three needles to wind the yarn as using your hand gets uncomfortable.



Unfortunately I lost one end of the yarn and ended up Navajo plying the yarn, making a three ply instead. It all got a bit messy but most of it was salvageable.

 
 
It might still end up as socks, but they will be thick ones, or it may be used for something else. 


No comments:

Post a Comment