Friday 14 September 2012

FO Friday- Knit headband

At the minute my knitting is all about small, quick, simple projects. Nothing too distracting or involved.
 
Pattern: Bonanza headband by knitculture.com
Yarn: A Little Bit Sheepish sock yarn in Ocean
Needles: 2.25mm dpns
 
I had a random headband lying around, so thought this would be a good project to try out. Unfortunately I picked a band with spiky grippy bits so had to knit the covering on to it as I went. It was fiddly and I can't recommend it. Using a smooth band and following the pattern is probably a lot more sense.
 

It is entirely possible I tried it on at this point and wandered round the house wearing it as a WIP knitting themed fascinator. no photos because I looked like an idiot (intended) and I was home alone at the time so no one to wield the camera.
 
Finished headband. I don't know if I will wear it more now, but at least it gave me something to knit for the last few days. The spiky bits are more comfortable now there is yarn there, they still poke through a little, but not as much.


I have a sock pattern on the go, and a couple of bigger projects I am really excited to cast on. They will finally get under way in a couple of weeks. I am so excited!

2 comments:

  1. I like how your headband turned out. I may have to show this to my daughter, she might like me to re-invent her headbands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow this is suggesting "Earmuffs" to me! Also reminds me of the i-cord covers people make for their mp3 player earphones! xx

    ReplyDelete