Friday 31 August 2012

FO Friday- Super stripes

The madness of stuff needing to be done has cut back on knitting time somewhat. I still wanted to have a FO to sahre so I rummaged through the large bag of scraps and leftover yarn ends that I have and pulled out two part balls.

A search through Ravelry's database found me this pattern



Pattern: Puerperium Cardigan by Kelly Brooker
Yarn: Wendy Sorrento
Needles 4.5mm

No real changes apart from working stripes. Using larger needles than in the pattern made the finished cardigan a little bigger than it says, but I figure that is fine.
 
The pattern is nice and simple. Raglan increases make the shape, button holes are made as you go. I picked up a couple of stitches under the arm as I tend to get gaps where the sleeve stitches are stored while the body is finished. I worked short sleeves as I don't think I would have had enough yarn for full length ones. You can buy larger sizes of this pattern too.
 
I have to admit, I am not a huge fan of knitting for babies, they grow so fast that whatever you spend hours making actually only gets worn a couple of times. They are good for using up leftovers though. I forgot to weigh this before I added the buttons but I guess it used less than 100g of yarn.
 
The yarn is lovely and soft. Sort of cotton like, but somehow much nicer (this makes sense, it is a cotton/acrylic blend). I do think baby items should be machine washable, not many people have time for handwashing when there is a small person around. And babies leak, a lot. Fortunately this should be, although I have yet to test it. I am not adverse to acrylic for baby stuff, it meets the washable criteria.
 

2 comments:

  1. That sweater is too adorable. I have a very special friend who didn't get anything knitted for her first child but is now expecting twins. This is going on my "Maybe I Might" list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great little sweater. That's one lucky baby :)

    ReplyDelete