Friday, 10 August 2012

FO Friday- Burn brighter

My two main Ravellenics projects (blanket squares and spinning) got a little sidelined. I decided I needed some bright yellow socks and have not worked on much other knitting since.


Pattern: Burn brighter by Fiona Hamilton-MacLaren
Yarn: A Little Bit Sheepish sock yarn in Free Range
Needles: 2.5mm and 2.25mm dpns


There is still hope for some of my other Ravellenics projects, hoping to squeeze a little fibre time in over the weekend but there is a major DIY project going on that will hamper the knitting time.

18 comments:

  1. great pattern. Everyone needs bright yellow socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow those are some bright socks - so pretty though, i love them!!! have a knitty friday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Feet, yellow always makes me happy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that yellow. I am losing my Ravellenic mojo. My socks are starting to slow down. I just want to spin. Argh! I want this pair of socks finished though. Oh, it won't happen before closing ceremonies.

    Love those socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, sunshiney socks! I can see why you decided to work on them instead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very striking pattern! Thanks for the link; I've added it to my favourites!
    Good luck with your Ravellenics projects. Mine is going slowly, slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful, love that stitch pattern! Seeing yours makes me want to make a pair too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so comfy and delicate...and what a fantastic color!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those socks are so pretty- I love the little candle flame pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to cast on YELLOW socks. Yours truly are uplifting. The perfect socks for rainy and grey days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those socks!!! I'm so glad you posted a close-up of the stitches, they're definitely worth showing off!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the color! beautiful stitch pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome socks! I love that yellow yarn. Very nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They're lovely! There is a shawl pattern similar to that in the sock-yarn one-skein wonders book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE the bright colour and the pattern

    ReplyDelete