Tuesday 31 July 2012

Ravellenics progress

My WIP Wrestling will be ready to show on Friday as a FO. I feel it was a bit like cheating as there was not a huge amount to do on it, but it acted as a nice gentle warm up.

I have made a start on my big challenges. If I do three squares a day for ten of the days of the Games I will manage my blanket target, here are the first three (the ones at the top)


I have made a start on my spinning. I decided to go with my ongoing sweater project. The plaited braid is my 100g challenge, if I can get the extra 25g done too that will be a bonus.


The reason this is my big challenge is because it needs to match this.


And super fine spinning takes me a long time. Yesterdays spinning did not go well, I made a start but kept breaking the single. I put it down before I got too cross.

Actual Olympics wise I watched the very end of the opening ceremony as we were driving during most of it. From what I have heard it sounds like I missed the best bits so might have to look it up in i player.

I have seen a few bits of events- swimming, gymnastics and basketball; but I am not good at watching for too long. Highlights are more my sort of thing.

Figured it would be easier to reply to Kathryn here- we are not going to any of the events. Tickets were not easy to get as they were done in a random draw/lottery style so the chances of getting a sport that interests you was low. That combined with the mad expense of travelling/eating/staying in London during the Olympics put us off.

3 comments:

  1. I suspect that if the Olympics were held here, I'd leave town and watch them on TV from a distance :)

    That spun yarn is very fine - if it's not going well, then leaving it for another day sounds like a good plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, I normally LOVE the Olympics but since we ditched cable TV, NBC refuses to show it to us! So, I have no idea what's going on. I even missed the opening ceremony. *sigh*

    Love the spinning and the blanket. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the progress on your blanket and that yarn is super thin.

    I can certainly appreciate wanting to avoid the chaos of the games. :-)

    ReplyDelete