Monday 18 June 2012

Something about spinning- One bobbin done

My aim of spinning a sweater quantity of yarn is making very slow progress, but I have one bobbin done. It is about 5oz and is the first of three blue bobbins.


Unfortunately I made a bit of an error. When I was dyeing this up I must have picked up a pair of previously used gloves. My lovely blue fibre has a few brown splodges where some rogue dye powder got on to it.

I pulled the brown sections out, but unfortunately lost quite a bit of fibre in the process. I will spin it up separately and use it for something else but hopefully it will not mean I run out of yarn on my sweater. 


The second bobbin is coming along nicely, I put in quite a bit of spinning time this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Looks so pretty! Enough for a sweater sounds very ambitious to me!

    ReplyDelete