Friday 4 May 2012

FO Friday- Cotton shopping bag

I have been on a bit of a stash busting kick. Using up stash that has sat around for ages is really satisfying, and clears up space for new yarn.

Not a great picture, but you get the general idea.


Pattern: Flower Power bag by Siri Eggen
Yarn: 100g Jaeger Siena (4 ply cotton) held double
Needles: 5.0mm

A nice simple pattern, worked in the round, so basically a whole lot of knit stitch. Easy TV knitting. For use as a proper shopping bag it could do with being a little bigger. A few more rounds of increases and a longer strap would be about right.

I worked until the yarn ran out, which set the length of the strap.

The yarn is nice and smooth but I have to say I am not too bothered about knitting with cotton. Somehow it is harder work than wool and wool blends.

A more exciting FO next week I promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment