Literally as I type the yarn is on its journey from undyed to dyed.
To accommodate the 820g needed for the cardigan I have used possibly the largest pot in the world, it covers my entire stove and has two hob tops going under it to get it hot.
I am trying out some new dyes this time, so I will report back when I have rinsed the yarn. I have also tried using citric acid rather than vinegar to avoid making the house smell. I am using a mix of red and black to hopefully give a burgundy shade.
I had a few doubts about whether I would even be able to get it up to temperature, but it seems to have worked. The heating is done and I am waiting for it to cool. It looks as though all the dye has been absorbed but I suspect I will have to wait until the morning for it to be cool enough to rinse.