Thursday 13 October 2011

Something about spinning

Firstly an apology, my n key is broken and only working intermittently (when I poke it really hard) so if any of my posts are looking a little odd, that is why.

I have been working on the second half of my Chopped Tomatoes Shetland fibre. It is coming along nicely now, drop spindled into a fine single ready to be navajo plied.


The second half seems to be making more of a striped single than the first lot so I might get some odd looking socks out of this!

I have lots of things starting with S planned for this weekend, not intentionally, it just seems that way so maybe I will do some Spinning too.

7 comments:

  1. The fiber is so pretty and I just love the finished yarn! Can't wait to see the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're socks, the stranger looking the better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I'm a big fan of odd looking socks... and now that I know I can knit socks, I will be making some for myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors in that fiber.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your yarn is looking. You are a rock star on the spindle. I think the socks will be amazing...or maybe use the yarn for a shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the single on that spindle is fabulous! Great shine and so fine.

    ReplyDelete