The last week and a half have been spent on scout camp. I was helping to organise a section of the activities, so there has been no progress at all on the Hemlock Ring blanket. In fact I didn't knit on anything for over a week, which was probably the first time in almost three years!
The wonder of scheduling meant I could put blog posts up even when I wasn't here, but I did miss the various link parties, so I am happy to be back and blogging in real time this week.
I was asked for a close up of the centre of the Hemlock ring in the comments of my last post, I have tried to oblige. The centre section, before the featehr and fan chart is started.
The very centre
I enjoyed doing the large holes as it was a new technique for me. On one row you work a lot of YO one after the other, the following row you work several kfb into the large loop of yarn made by the YOs. It sounds complicated, but like a lot of knitting instructions if you just do exactly what the pattern says and it comes out fine (of course this only works if the pattern is well written, but this one is).
Next week I hope to be approaching the border, but quite a few rounds to go before I get there!