Tuesday 5 July 2011

Tour de Fleece day four

Today I have been spinning sheep instead of alpaca. I started preping some Humbug Bluefaced Leicester last night, dividing a short fat length of roving into long thin bits in an attempt to get something a bit like pencil roving.


This was going to be one of my sample fibres to be spindle spun and combined with the other samples in a big project, but I had more of it than I realised and it was so soft and lovely I spun it a little thicker than intended and will navajo ply it.


There's about 50g, I don't know what it will be yet, will have to weigh it and get a WPI measurement when it is plyed and washed.

The tour de fleece is going well, I am really enjoying having a reason to do daily spinning but am not doing so well keeping up with all the forum posts people put up. There is enough spinning eye candy in them to keep me entertained until next year's tour!

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Yes, I'm having a hard time keeping up with the forums and blogs too but...I am hopelessly addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely ... it looks very soft and fluffy!

    ReplyDelete