Monday 4 July 2011

Tour de Fleece day 3

Today was all about plying, the two singles from yesterday were spun into a two ply using my wheel. The fibre is a penicl roving 70% alpaca and 30% merino from the Wonder Why Farm.
I realised why one bobbin was much fuller than the other, I had divided it as if it was 100g rather than 4oz (Fibre tends to be done in 100g in the UK), so I had some more lovely fibre than I had realised (Thanks Andrea!).
I plyed the two until I ran out of one single, divided the remaining single in two and plyed that together, which left me with just a tiny length of single.


The large skein is about 90m and the small skein about 20m.

It is a fairly thick two ply, about aran weight.


I am planning to make some slipper socks from this, it is beautifully soft, possibly my most lovely squishy yarn ever as the fibre is wonderful to work with plus I am working on reducing my tendency to overspin during the tour.

3 comments:

  1. It's lovely ... not at all overspun. I love the color, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful and I am so glad you enjoyed spinning it.

    ReplyDelete