Wednesday 20 July 2011

Tour de fleece day 19

Today's project had been yet more blue superwash merino. I am onto the second single and an early start this morning has about 1/4 of it done. I am hoping to get a little more done this evening, but it is easier to get the blog post done in the morning, any extra progress will make it into tomorrow's post.


I thought you might be getting a bit bored with reading about this spinning project, it tends to look the same in every daily photo. I took a couple of other pictures to make it a little more interesting.

For the Wonder Why Team- even though I am spinning merino I am keeping it 'paca with some 100%alpaca socks. Still worried these will not be very hard wearing, but I tend to wear them on days when I don't need to wear shoes so they should last longer. They are so soft and mmmmmmmmmmmm.


For anyone who is interested I thought I would take a photo of my spinning corner. The wheel lives here, it is perhaps a tiny bit in the way (there is a corner wall behind the chair, but then so is the sofa really and after a while you don't notice, you just sort of walk around. 


I used to drag the wheel out into the room and point it at the TV to spin. Then it occured to me that I don't actually watch the TV, just listen to it, and the chair fits neatly inbetween the wheel and the wall. So now I just put a chair in front of the wheel and start to spin, it is much faster and less hassle. I am totally in the way, you can't get into the next room when I am sat there, but never mind.

Using the airer for prepped fibre is a new thing, it makes life so much easier and spinning much faster (but means I can't dry as many clothes!).

3 comments:

  1. I too have the TV on for listening while I spin, but I can't really watch it. I have a basket on a TV tray (A nice wooden one) next to my chair, for all my supplies. My wheel partially blocks a bookcase, but like you said, just learn to walk around! I love to see other spinners' setups for spinning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I'm jealous of your alpaca socks! Cunning use of the airer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice little creative space you set up for yourself there! The bobbin is such a pretty color of blue, happy spinning!

    ReplyDelete