Wednesday 29 June 2011

WIP Wednsday

On the needles today I have.....

... Nothing!

That's right, nothing, nada, zip!

After my post about my huge pile of WIPS a few weeks ago and a few comments about how I don't like having too many I have been on a big finishing streak. I have some ends to sew in and a lining to make but nothing actally on the go as far as knitting is concerned.

Of course I have my forever project of a sock yarn blanket. It has grown a bit since I last shared it so I thought a new picture is in order.



Still a long way to go, but I have some more yarns for it thanks to the A-Z sock project. It is now too big to fit on the large sheet of white card I use for my photos, so you get to see my dining room floor. I guess that makes it about A1 paper size along its longest edge at the minute.

I also still have my orange spinning project, but I am happy to have that on the go for whenever I feel like doing a little spinning. It is helping me to avoid breaking into my tour de fleece stash and filling the spindle and bobbins I have emptied in preparation.

8 comments:

  1. Catastrophe! What are you going to bring tomorrow?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elly- either the cardigan with its many many ends to sew in or the blanket is still just about small enough to carry round

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking gorgeous! You have tremendous patience to deal with all those ends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to have leftover sock yarn so I can make me a blankie like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, that's impressive you've finished all your projects! I'm in awe!! I have to say, every time I see one of those left over sock yarn blankets, I die a little inside because they're so beautiful. I think I need to start one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea for sock yarn scraps! I don't know if I have it in me to take on a project like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dining room floor is impressively clean ;-) And you'll have a bumper post for FOFriday :-)

    ReplyDelete