These were almost not made in time to appear today. They have taken longest of all my alphabet socks so far. Possibly because I started making the pattern It's tea time by Stephanie van der Linden but decided the grey yarn had too much fluff to see the texture. I switched to this pattern, but had to wait over the bank holiday to get my hands on some green yarn.
Also less knitting gets done during holidays than you expect, there is always other stuff that needs doing.
Anyway, enough back story, on to the socks!
The photo should be here, but for some reason Blogger hates me today, so it is at the end (no time to sort it, have to leave for a meeting in a minute). Oh look, it will not let me do hyperlinks normally either, grrrr!
Pattern: In the Highlands by Stephanie van der Linden-http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/in-the-highlands
Yarn: UK Alpaca sock in charcoal, Regia 4 ply in leaf and random undyed 4 ply from stash
Needles: 2.25mm dpns
Mods: On the second sock I did not do the extra rows on the full diamond but worked the triangle then across the diamond needles.
This is a nice pattern, you get an Argle effect without seaming or intarsia, but it is a lot of short rows. In fact, I am now officially fed up with short rows and I hope the next few pairs of socks are short row free. I have to admit it is very good practise though.
There are also a lot of yarn ends and I got holes at the corners, but the ends were used to sew the holes shut so I guess that all worked out in the end.
The alpaca sock yarn has a lot of fluff factor, which meant it was no good for the original pattern as the fluff obscured the purl stitches. It may also prove to be tickly but I have not given it a go yet, will report back when I have.