I meant to post this yesterday, but it summer seems to have temporarily arrived so I did not get a chance.
Lurking in my stash I had a big fluffy batt, it seemed like a great choice for trying to improve my spinning
50g of Cheviot x Border Leicester
- Spinning from a batt rather than roving
- New type of fibre, a change from merino
- The colour is nice
- It was cheap (£1.50 for 50g)
- I bought it on a nice day out at a country show last year
- I am pretty sure it had not been scoured, it was really greasy...
- And smelly too.
- There was a lot of plant material in there
- And a whole lot of something that I didn't look at too closely. I just pulled big chunks out and binned them
- Some of the fibres were really short and rough
The aim for this was to spin a thicker single with less twist in an attempt to avoid overtwist on other projects.