Sunday 13 February 2011

Share your square

Welcome to my first share your square linky fest.
s
The idea behind this is that all the crafty squares we make have some sort of story behind them, be they knitted, crochet, patchwork or others. The story might be the yarn- where you bought it, what project it is leftover from; the pattern; who you are making it for- a swap, a gift, yourself; it might be something else or it might just be pretty and you want to share.
s
These stories are great to share and always interesting to read so I thought I would set up a linky and try to establish on ongoing Share your Square meme on Sundays (UK time, so it might not be Sunday where you are reading this).
s
s
The story behind my square is that it is part of an ongoing sock yarn blanket, made using mitred squares and leftover scraps. This is an ongoing project that is going to take a very long time to complete as each square is only about two inches, so there should be squares for a long time to come!
s
s
This square is leftover from the C socks of an A-Z sock pattern knit along that I am taking part in on Ravelry. It is a lovely green yarn from the Yarn Yard which has a lighter yellowy green ply and several darker green plies.
s
I hope you will join in and share your squares and the stories behind them.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realise your sock yarn scrap squares were so tiny! They must be so fiddly to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of this. I only have one project that is a shape (it's my crochet project) so I may either update my blog later today with the story behind it and when I do, I'll come back and link it here. =]
    ~Kokoem
    (PS: I sign with my Ravelry name when I am on other Raveler's blogs =])

    ReplyDelete