Saturday 12 February 2011

Scrap down- The first of many

This is not really the first as I have done these before, but it is the first of my new round of mini projects. These are not really big enough to count as FO Fridays (under self imposed 52 projects in 52 weeks rules those have to take 6 hours or more), but I want to share them anyway.
s
First up is this little one, made from leftover sock yarn as part of a Ravelry swap parcel.
s
s
That is a UK penny for scale.
s
Needles: 3mm dpns
Yarn: Random sock yarn, it is about Regia/Opal weight and style in a self patterning green colourway. Black regia 4 ply for the sleeves (so they matched)
s
A nice easy pattern, makes a cute little sweater in about an hour, maybe a little more. I think 2.5mm needles would have been better, it came out a little bigger than I was aiming for. Self patterning yarn with shortish repeats works really well on this pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment