Friday, 4 February 2011

FO Friday- Along Came Polly socks

More socks this week, but these are not part of the A-Z challenge. They are the ones I started at Christmas and have been slowly working on ever since.
s
s
Pattern: Hourglass by Bev Elicerio
Needles: 2.25mm Kollage square dpns
Yarn: Trekking (XXL)
Skills: Little lace flowers (very cute), tried cabling without a cable needle, still don't like it.
s
Pattern close up:
s
s
A nice pattern but I was so very very bored of cabling by the end, it didn't help that I worked on another pair of cabled socks at the same time! The little lace flowers are very sweet, I think I will make something else using them at some point. The pattern is easy enough to follow and by the second sock I had got the hang of it and didn't need to check the chart too much.
s
The yarn is from a trip to see my sister, I popped into her local yarn shop (well, would be rude not to!); there is a review here. The Trekking was recommended as being really hard wearing, so I thought I would give it a go. It is not the softest yarn, but also far from the roughest and I can live with that for socks that last.
I think the pale area is meant to spiral, it sort of does on the leg and foot, but gets a bit messy around the heel area, probably better for short row heel type patterns.

10 comments:

  1. Those socks are adorable! I love the flecks the little lace flowers create. You are the second person who mentioned being bored of cables in the last few weeks. Here I am just starting to experiment with them. I understand though...it's that "go to" pattern syndrome. Looking forward to what you accomplish next.

    Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really pretty socks and I love that hourglass pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little lace flower pattern, it's adorable! I had socks with the same type of pattern when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those socks. So pretty. I like the wine color too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I agree, the flowers are *very* sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice socks. The lacey cables are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those socks are so cute! Love the pattern and the color. I like cabling w/o a cable needle on worsted weight projects. I do think it would be too fiddly on socks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those socks are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lace flowers on those socks are so, so cute. (Also, you have great taste in yarn, I think I've cooed over the yarn on all your socks so far. They all look wonderful!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pattern looks really lovely.

    ReplyDelete