Tuesday 9 November 2010

Scrap down- Little pixie hat

Another project to use up some leftovers, this time I decided to try out a top down hat pattern. It is toddler/small child size so will be sent to my niece at some point, or maybe tucked in her Christmas present.
The yarn is a superwash merino I dyed for another project, the pattern is Jack Attack by Jenny Raymond. I added an I-cord to the top as it came out somewhat pointy and the bottom edges seem to flare- Pixie styling!
s
s
I am still generating scraps and ends of balls faster than I am using them up. Maybe I need to dedicate a whole month to project scrap down.

1 comment:

  1. very cute hat. Isn't it amazing what you can create with just scraps. Sometimes that project is better than the project that yarn was originally intended for.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete