Wednesday 23 June 2010

Breaking the crafting ban

Hmmm, so today I fell off the no new projects wagon- I managed to get the uni work that was scheduled done, so allowed myself a bit of a look at the projects I need to get on with. I managed to fall out with all my craft projects that need to be done so in a fit of frustration broke out the fibre I bought it at a craft fair, found by accident on a birthday trip to Woburn Safari Park. It is a 100% merino hand dyed in shades of orange (can't remember the dyer, will try to find the leaflet).
s
I have been considering the purchase of a spinning wheel, and had intended to keep this for when I have saved up enough and made a decision, but have decided to spindle it instead (I was reeeeeally in the mood for some spinning).
s
As always I am spinning it thin, not sure why I do this, I think it is to do with getting the most length and spinning time out of the fibre. This is the thinnest so far, it should be a heavy laceweight when spun up into a 2ply.
s
s
With a scale penny, I did say it was thin!
s
s
I sat outside spinning this afternoon, enjoying the sun and ignoring the football. As always my spinning is slooooooow, good fun though and will keep me occupied for many hours to get the whole 84g bundle done.





No comments:

Post a Comment