Wednesday 9 June 2010

52 in 52- defining a project

I quite like to write things down, make lists and all that sort of thing. Even I recognise this as procrastination but I am happy to live with it and the lists do help sometimes. Anyway, this is not a list, more a set of rules (or guidelines).
s
The 52 projects in 52 weeks challenge seems to have pretty open rules, sort of a set your own targets kind of thing. It is a good idea for something like this as everyone works differently, likes to make different things and works at different speeds. Anyway, I figured I should come up with a project definition and try to stick to it. Writing it down on the Internet for anyone to see should help with the sticking to it bit.
s
So having pondered for a bit I came up with this:
  • If it represents a week of knitting it should take at least 6 hours (one hour a day and a day off).
  • Anything that takes less should be done in multiples.
  • There should be a start and a finish (I am not keen on the breaking a large project into smaller bits idea)
  • The start and finish do not have to be in the same week, but it only counts for the week it is completed.
  • A photo should be posted here on the Friday of each week to show to FO off

So, converting that to individual projects I have:

  • 6 preemie hats
  • 3 mini socks
  • I am undecided whether a single sock is a project or a pair, as they are no good on their own but each one takes 8-12 hours. It will probably depend on what else I get done.
  • Any large project
  • Finished dye project (dry and ready to use)
  • Finished spinning project (dry and ready to use)

As a bonus challenge, and to get me moving on it I am aiming to do a sock yarn blanket square a week as well.

s

Hmmm, sounds like I will be doing nothing but knitting but as I combine it with watching TV in the evening it should be both achievable and not get in the way of anything else (like working).

s

Tomorrow's post will be more interesting and have pictures, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment