Monday 1 February 2010

Argh

Well the title says it all really- I have been having a very bad knitting week. So far this has consisted of new yarn being the wrong colour, wrong sized finished object, writing a pattern down without the corrections and a lot of frogging and tinking.


On the upside I have found this most gorgeous yarn- Colinette Jitterbug in Forest:

The photo doesn't really do it justice and the colours are easier to see when it is knitted up but it is mixed greens with red and blue patches.



I have also discovered a fantastic project via the wonder of Ravelry- The sock yarn blanket!
The original is on this blog: http://www.shellykang.com/. It seemed like a good way to use up the scraps of sock yarn floating round in my stash box and the ones produced by my year of the sock project.
It consists of making a lot of tiny squares, all joined together to make as large a blanket as I can before I run out of yarn and/or enthusiasm.
The first squares using stash scraps are done:
There's a bit of a blue/green/purple theme going on at the minute, not suprising as those are my usual colours of choice but it should get more varied as it grows.

1 comment:

  1. hee hee it was bigger when I saw it last... definite progress!! xx

    ReplyDelete