Wednesday 16 September 2015

Wool mountain

Last weekend was the Bristol wool fair, which meant the previous week was mostly spent labelling, bagging and packing ready for the show. 
It was a lovely show, at a new venue for its second year. We had a great time meeting lots of people and being surrounded by crafty goodness.


There were animals to meet too, Onix and Caesar are very friendly alpacas from Cotswold alpacas.

And the Valais blacknose sheep are almost certainly the cutest sheep I have ever seen!

Now I have to finish tidying all the stock and stall bits away!

All the show prep limited crafting time quite a bit, but I have been getting a few bits done.

Off the needles:
The let love grow blanket is done, just in time to take to Bristol with us.


On the needles:
The Touch the sky cardigan has been picked back up. I discovered I had already worked the sleeves on it, which was a nice surprise. The rows are long and not overly exciting now though, so it just gets a little done here and there. Quite good for knit night now though as not too much focus required.

Designer business:
I also fancied a quick knit so grabbed some leftover aran from other projects to make some colourwork mittens. Couldn't find a pattern I like so dug out the colourwork chart books and have a new pattern in progress. One hand is done so I need to write up the chart and check it as I work the second hand. Then do the thumbs, I always avoid thumbs and leave them right until the end.

In a spin:
During the show I was drop spindling some blue and grey wool/silk blend. I needed to take it off the spindle when I got home so have transferred it over to my wheel. About half of it is done, a fairly fine single which I will ply with some fine navy blue singles that I have already spun up.


Ok, on with the tidying, hopefully more projects to share with you next week. I feel some stash diving coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment