Friday 10 January 2014

FO Friday- May cardigan

I have been trying a new method of sweater construction, the contiguous sweater.

A baby version seemed a good place to start- all the fun with way less of the commitment.



Pattern: May by Alexandra Provost
Yarn: Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo DK
Needle: 4.0mm circular, used for flat knitting

I used the translated version of the pattern, my French is not good enough to follow a knitting pattern, actually it is not good at all.
 
I love this construction, you get the effect of a set in sleeve with the simple construction of a top down raglan, excellent! I am going to have a go at an adult sized version soon.
 
The cardigan came out larger than I expected,  It could have done with being a little longer, but I ran out of yarn. I also went for a simple double crochet edge all round, making a crochet loop for the button. The corners of the collar are stitched down to make them stay in place.
 
The colour is not really right in the photo, it is more of a grey blue, very nice. I am not a huge fan of the yarn, it has little stretch but lots of drape. It also tends to be splitty and the ends are hard to hide neatly (the crochet edge took care of some of the ends, I just hid them inside the crochet).

1 comment:

  1. Oh cute! I love that you tacked down the collar - it annoys me to no end when they roll and curl. I'm curious to see how that would fit at adult size.

    ReplyDelete