Tuesday 14 June 2011

Road trip!

Road trips are great, and when they are yarn based, with knitting buddies are there is cake they are even better.

On Saturday four of us from my knitting group hit the road for a yarn shop crawl. We called in at a fabric shop too, which was interesting, but nothing to buy there.

I didn't take pictures of the shops, so actual shop reviews will have to wait for my next visit, but here are my lovely stash additions.

A Crazy Zauberball from Create and Knit at Breedon on the Hill. There was cake from the shop near here too but I did not take a picture of that.



Some fantastic navy Regia with silver sparkles. I need to find more solid colours for socks with lace and/or cables as crazy colours tend to hide the stitch patterns and who doesn't love a bit of silver sparkle! This was from Threads of Life at Castle Donnington, we got to drive past the crowds going to the Download festival on the way which was entertaining. They have a lovely shop dog too, so an all round win.



Finally some bargain bucket finds from Threads at Keyworth. A super shop literally bursting at the seams with   yarn. The silk is a replacement for some I used up, I still need a second ball so the dye lots will not match but I figured for socks the colours will be close enough. The galaxy will probably be combined with some of the sock yarn scraps I have floating around to make some socks, maybe worked toe up.


On the way home we stopped for some more cake and to do a little knitting in public as it was World Wide Knit in Public Day, I was too busy eating my brownie to take its photo!



2 comments:

  1. Just my kind of trip!! I take one every fall with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm cake and more blue! x

    ReplyDelete