I have been having a bit of a finishing spree, so the next few FO Fridays are covered. I finally got another WIP from the start of the year done, it sat for a while just needing blocking and the ends sewing in, but it is now complete.
Pattern: Seahorses Nachaq by Lisa Akers
Yarn: Fyberspates Nef lace held double
Needles: 3.5mm circular
Mods: I worked seven and a half pattern repeats and only one repeats of the final edging because I was running out of yarn.
The pattern is nice, but I think it needs an extra two stitches at the cast on, I had the increase to get enough to follow the pattern for the main part. Alternatively there is a knit stitch at the start and end of the round that seem redundant (they make a narrow column of knit in the pattern), these could be removed and the cast on done as given.
This yarn is so soft and lovely. It is from before I really understood about yarn weights- I accidentally bought a cobweb lace instead of a standard lace so there was a lot of mileage. As nice as it is I think I will be sticking the heavier weight yarns in the future
This photo shows the stitch pattern much more clearly, I put a sheet of white paper between the layers.
The bind off is too tight really, but even so I only had a couple of inches of yarn left and it fits so I am happy.
I had to look up what a Nachaq is. Basically it seems to be a cowl you can pull up over your head as a hood, I think I will stick to wearing it as a cowl as I tend to look daft in hat type items.
A stitch pattern close up, this is also the closest colour match I have been able to get, it is a dark plummy purple.
The weather is getting too warm to wear this, but hopefully it will get an outing or two before the woolies go away for the summer.