Another scrap down that took long enough to count as a full project. These are made from all the leftovers of my D socks.
I can't remember the pattern name- it came from a book owned by a member of my knitting group and there are lots of similar ones on Ravelry. The idea is to work K3P3 rib, shifting it across a stitch every four rounds. This makes it spiral and gives a super stretchy tube sock. They were worked over 48 stitches to give a toddler sized sock. I stopped just before I ran out of yarn, which was at about 6 1/2 inches, then closed with a round toe.
Although it is a very easy pattern it still takes a while- kid socks are deceptive, you think such tiny feet will be quick to knit for but not so much. These are the only sort of socks I will make for growing feet, no heel means no measuring and they should last a while.
I have sent these off and been told they need to be longer, they can't as that is all the yarn I had leftover. Even though the complaint makes me grrrrr I have said I will make more if supplied with a 50g ball, some chocolate may also be needed.