Thursday 10 February 2011

Scrap down- the yarn supply!

Part two of my yarn diet involves a proper effort to use up all the part balls that lurk in my stash, they deserve to be used not ignored! I got a bag and pulled them all out, now my stash looks fairly skinny and the pile to be used looks like this:
s
s
I forgot to put anything in for scale, but that is sitting on two A1 sized boards, and it doesn't include the part balls of sock yarn.
s
I have two ways of tackling this, the first is to do a pattern search for small yarn quantities and match the ones I like with yarn from the heap. After that it will be to sort the yarn into weights and find patterns for what is left.
s
Lots of mini FOs should start popping up soon, it is a good way to get instant knitting gratification in between the socks!


7 comments:

  1. oooh, sometimes those small projects are what you need to keep the love of knitting alive and not get bored with the same old same old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lots of fun waiting to happen in that pile-I like to string a bunch together and make wild scarves. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My MIL knotted bunch of short 6' sections together of different yarns and mades scarfs out of it. Really cool looking even with the knotted ends in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree with Fiberdance and Dutch Hollow, creating those wild mixed up skeins is so fun, plus as you're knitting along you are reminded of past knitting adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your stash-down. I have totally abandoned all efforts at doing the same since I started spinning...yarn, what yarn? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to do that occasionally with my needlepoint threads. You are inspiring me! Good luck with the stash down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think a crazy scarf may be in the making at some point, I can't think of ideas for all of it yet. And even when most of a ball gets used there is anything between a few inches and a good sized part ball left!

    ReplyDelete