Tuesday 16 November 2010

Yarn shop review- Addicted 2 knitting

This week I finally have another shop review as I have been breaking my self imposed yarn purchase ban. This was a little treat for me as I had a fail on a rainbow themed swap- my parcel never turned up. To be honest I was looking for an excuse to try some mini mochi so it all worked out quite well really.
s
I will get to the yarn in a minute, the shop first:
I found the appropriately named Addicted 2 knitting via a Google search. I was looking for the specific yarn and they had it at a good price.
s
It is perhaps not the most beautiful website, but well worth a look as the prices seems good and the yarns are well illustrated with photos of each colourway. They also carry a good range of tasty yarn, including Zauberballs, Fyberspates, Artesano and Manos del Uruguay. There are also some cheaper options such as Opal. I had to resist the temptation to fill my virtual basket!
s
Delivery was great, a reasonably priced £1.60 or free with a spend of over £30. My parcel came first class, so I had it less than 48 hours after ordering. The packaging was good, well wrapped up in a plastic delivery bag so no chance of damage (although I do prefer packaging I can recycle or reuse).
s
I would say they are definitely worth a look, good prices and service and tasty yarn, what more could you want?!
s
And of course, I couldn't post this without a picture of the yarn. It is delicious, the colours are fantastic and it is soft and even machine washable. I will do a proper yarn review once I have used it to make something (socks of course, in January most likely), but for now here it is in its balled state:
s

No comments:

Post a Comment