Friday 15 October 2010

FO Friday- Midnight mitts and ?!

These have been on the go for a while, but have finally made it to being FOs.
s
The pattern is Bead the Cable by Lykkefanten. I made some changes though, these are a bit longer to cover more hand and I didn't cable or bead the palm as I figured that would just get annoying when I was wearing them. I also reversed the cables for the second mitt.
Yarn is an Arucania Ranco that I overdyed because I was not happy with the colour when it turned up (perils of buying yarn online). The beads are from Rowan, they are purple and designed with a larger hole than normal, making them much easier to get a needle through.
s
s
Mitt in action
s
s
A close up of the beads and cables, this also shows the colur reasonably well.
s
s
The palm showing a distinct lack of beads and cables.
s
s
I love these, the long cuff makes me feel like a superhero for some reason, gauntlet/Amazonian cuff style maybe? I think I would be "Sock girl" (sadly the name is already taken on Ravelry), I would ride a Super Alpaca and have the ability to fix any knitting mistake, or possibly stop time so I can get all my projects finished (disclaimer: it is possible I have been watching too much of the TV series Heroes and have gone a little crazy ;-) ). In all seriousness I would love the ability to teleport!
s s
And this week there is no sock yarn blanket square to show you :(. My 2.5mm needles are otherwise sockupied (sorry, that made me laugh for ages, I'm such a geek!). There will be multiple squares next week to make up for it. I will most likely pick up another set of needles over the weekend, they are always useful after all!

That's it for today, share your dreams of superpowerdom with me so I don't feel like the only one!

1 comment:

  1. I love the gloves and the color. The beading really adds something to! I keep wanting to crochet fingerless gloves and just haven't gotten around to it yet!

    ReplyDelete