Friday 8 October 2010

FO Friday- Gift knitting and a square of course

This week's FO is one I have been hiding for a while as it was made to be given as a birthday gift. The birthday has come and gone and the recipient declares herself pleased with it so it is time for it to make its blog appearance.
It is a scarf made using the "One row lace scarf" pattern by Turvid and a skein of Debbie Bliss pure silk rescued from a sale bin.
The project worked up really fast, with only one row to memorise, and a simple one at that it is an easy pattern and good for on the go knitting. The yarn has mixed reviews online but I rather liked it, there was only one fat and slightly unspun patch and it was not so bad as to be noticeable when the work was finished. I am told that it is "so soft it feels like it is made from kittens, green ones".
s
s
The square this week comes from the other end on the ball from one of my WIPs. It is my favourite hand dye project and I spent ages trying to pick a knitting project for it, I finally found on that will hopefully be finished in the next week.
s



1 comment:

  1. I love the color of the scarf! I have a few skeins of Debbie Bliss Stella that I really like!

    ReplyDelete