Sunday 19 September 2010

Spinning Sunday- Finished yarn

The singles from last week have been plied (plyed? neither looks right). Navajo plying was a lot more straightforward than I thought it was going to be, although I seem to work with my hands in the opposite position to the online videos. Since it works ok I am not going to try and change it :D.
s
This is my first wheel spun yarn, there's about 70g in two skeins, not sure what it will be yet as there is not really enough to make socks.
s
s
s
It is quite badly over twisted in places, I still have a lot of learning to do. It has been named noodles because thanks to the overtwisted bits it looked a lot like noodles as it was soaking to set the twist (not as tasty though I imagine).
s
s
On with the next project- must remember to try and avoid overtwisting!
s

1 comment:

  1. It's a process...don't beat yourself up. I have overspun and underspun and sometimes get it right. Think of yourself as Goldilocks...looking for the "just right"

    ReplyDelete